Writing Prompts: Music

Are you fond of all those silly but oh-so-fun forum games? If so, this is the place to be.
Darth Crucus

Writing Prompts: Music

Post by Darth Crucus »

Rules:

Each person will write a post for one of the songs from the prompt. You can do something short, something long. You do NOT have to listen to the song, but you will need the lyrics.

Then, post two songs for the next person to choose from.

Bonus points if you use both songs. I may randomly award posts (not mine, obv) for quality too.

First:

The night the lights went out in Georgia - Reba McEntire
Papa Loved Mama - Garth Brooks

Morgan Sathel
Site Admin

Re: Writing Prompts: Music

Post by Morgan Sathel »

Silent tears glided on the rough skin of his cheeks, an unbearable lump obstructing his throat. The darkness surrounding him was his only comfort as he sat on the dirty floor of the isolation cell. He would gather his knees against his hairy chest, hands clutching both legs. Back and forth he rocked, mental images of the past haunting him, tormenting his psyche.

Two years had passed since he had been wrongly accused of murder. Two years of violence. Every excuse was a good one to release his anger on the other inmates. His life had been annihilated that night, when had returned home with flowers and chocolates for his wife. His deceased bride, who he had found shot in the head, her ashen body eerily resting on the bed they had shared. An act of jealousy, they had called it. Revenge for his wife's fondness of adultery.

Another night in the isolation cell. Another fight, another punishment for his actions. Another restless night spent wondering who had really killed his wife. He had heard noises that night. He knew he wasn't alone with the cadaver of his spouse. Scared, he had taken the gun hidden in the drawer. The police walked in soon after. Forensics had established that his gun was the weapon used to end his wife's life. Someone had set him up and condemned him to a life in prison. Worse had happened to her.

The lights had gone out. She would have never been a sweet mama, and all because she liked men.

-------

The above depressed me a whole lot, sooooo.... how about more cheerful songs?

Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
Good Life by OneRepublic

Darth Crucus

Re: Writing Prompts: Music

Post by Darth Crucus »

Spoilers!
I come home in the morning light
My mother says, "When you gonna live your life right?"
Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
And girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun
The phone rings in the middle of the night
My father yells, "What you gonna do with your life?"
Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
But girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just want to have
That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have fun (girls, they wanna, wanna have fun, girls wanna have)
Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have
That's all…
It had been a long night, dancing and having fun. The blonde haired young woman - for that is what she was, despite her parents protestations - had sneaked into the house. She thought she was in the clear, it looked like her parents weren't up yet. But suddenly, the light clicked on.

"And just where have you been, young lady?" her father questioned.

Silently, the girl bowed her head. He knew, and she knew. The short, low cut dress gave her away.

"Just go get dressed and do your chores. We'll talk about this later!" The man shook his head, he didn't know how to handle a teenager any more than the next man. "What are you going to do with your life!?"

---

An hour later, the kitchen was cleaned, and the pets fed. The blonde haired young woman was drying off the counters as her mother came in. "Cyndi, when are you going to live your life right? You look tired, you smell terrible, and we were worried sick all night!"

Now, the youth had an answer. Full of sass, she replied, "Mom, I just want to have fun! My chores are done, my bed is made, I graduated school. Can't I do what I want?"

---

Cyndi went out to dance again that night. She spent all night going from one place to another. One boy wrapped his arms around her, "Want to go back to my place?" he asked. "I want to walk in the sunlight in the morning!" she declared, "not be hidden away! I just want to have fun!"

--------

Forgot to add songs.

Joshua - Dolly Parton
Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross

Return to “Games Room”